The CCC System, V 2.5 references listed below are used as the background citations for the CCC System’s documentation of Clinical Nursing Practice and/or Plans of Care (POCs) following the Nursing Process for Professional Nursing Practice (ANA, 2015). A complete bibliography of the Clinical Care Classification Version 2.5 can also be downloaded here (MS Word 50k)
- American Nurses Association (2014) Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Silver Spring, MD: ANA Publishing.
- American Nurses Association (2015) Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition. Silver Spring, MD: ANA Publishing.
- Dykes, P.c., Wantland, D., Whittenburg, L., Lipsitz, S., & Saba, V.K. (2013). A pilot study to explore the feasibility of using the Clinical Care Classification System for developing a reliable costing method for nursing services. AMIA Annual 2013 Symposium Proceedings. (pp. 364-371). Washington, DC: CD. (View in PubMed)
- Cimino, J.J. (1998) Desiderata for controlled medical vocabularies in the twenty-first century. Methods of Information in Medicine. 37 (4-5), 394-403.
- Englebright, J., Aldrich, K., & Taylor, C.R. (2014). Defining and incorporating basic nursing care actions into the electronic health record. Journal of Nursing Scholarship,
- 46 (1), 50-57. (Special Issue on Basic Nursing Care).
- Feeg, V.D. (2014, Dec,12). Leadership Interviews: Archive for December, 2014: “3Questions”: Virginia Saba Wins Award at the 2014 FNLM: NI Awards Ceremony. Nursing Outlook Blog. <http://www.nursingoutlooktalk.com>
- Feeg, V.D., Saba, V.K., & Feeg, A. (2008). Development and testing of a bedside personal computer (PC): Clinical Care Classification System for nursing students using Microsoft Access. Computers in Nursing, 26 (6), 339-349.
- Holzemer, W. L., Henry, S.B., Dawson, C., Sousa, K., & Hsieh, S.F. (1997). An evaluation of the utility of Home Health Care Classification for categorizing patient problems and nursing interventions from the hospital setting. Studies in Health Technology & Informatics, 46, 21-61.
- Mannino, J.E., Feeg, V.D., (2011). Field testing a PC electronic documentation system using the Clinical care Classification System with nursing students. Journal of Healthcare Engineering. 2(2), 223-240.
- Moss, J., Damrongsak, M., & Gallichio, K. (2005). Representing critical care data using the Clinical Care Classification. In C.P. Friedman, J. Ash, & P. Tracy-Hornoch (Eds). American Medical Informatics Association 2005 Proceedings: CD-ROM (pp.545-549). Washington, DC: OmniPress, Omi Pro CD.
- Saba, V.K. (2016). Clinical Care Classification of Nursing. Retrieved August15, 2016 from <//www.sabacare.com>.
- Saba, V.K. (2012). Clinical Care Classification (CCC) System, Version 2.5: User’s Guide. New York City, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Saba, V.K., Moss, K., & Whittenburg, L.A. (2011). Overview of the Clinical Care Classification: A National Nursing Standard. In V.K. Saba, & K.A. McCormick (Eds). Essentials of Nursing Informatics, 5th edition (pp.217-229). New York City, NY: McGraw-Hill Publishing.
- Saba, V.K., & Taylor, S.L. (2007). Moving past theory: Use of a standardized coded nursing terminology to enhance nursing visibility. Computers in Nursing, 25 (6), 324-331.
- Saba, V.K., Whittenburg, L.A. (2015). Appendix A: An Overview of the Clinical Care Classification System. In V.K. Saba, & K. A. McCormick (Eds). Essentials of Nursing Informatics, 6th edition, (pp. 833-853). New York City, NY: McGraw-Hill Publishing.
- Whittenburg, L., & Saba, V.K. (2015). Foundation of a nursing plan of care standard. In V.K.Saba & K. A. McCormick. Essentials of Nursing Informatics, 6th Edition (pp.385-400). New York: NY: McGraw-Hill Publishing.
- World health organization. (1992). ICD-10: International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems: Vol.1. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO.